WHAT DOES PERSONAL DATA MEAN?
Personal data means any information that could identify you:
- Directly by using your name, for example
- Indirectly via a unique user ID
WHAT IS THIS DATA AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN IT?
Data we collect may concern:
- Your identity (surname and first name)
- Your contact details (telephone number, email, postal address)
- Your employment (type and position)
- The name of your company in the event of a request for group services
Information which must be provided to us is shown with an asterisk, and we will provide the reasons for such requirements.
This information is sent to us when:
- You fill in a contact form on our website (personal request form or quote request form in the groups area).
- You set up an account on our website in order to organise your stay
- You contact us by telephone or by email to be sent the necessary documents
- You subscribe to our newsletter or for other offers
- You register for and book an activity or guided tour online via the BOOK section of the website. The system used for online bookings is Open System (sold by Alliance Réseaux). Mond’Arverne Tourisme has secure access, which enables back office management of the system, including bookings. Data is retained in your personal account for a period of 3 years.
Other information that we receive from other sources including the websites of our teams managed by Mond’Arverne Tourisme: the sailing school and the Pessade Pleine Nature centre.
HOW IS THE COLLECTED DATA USED?
We use information held about you in the following way:
- Within the context of our task in the public interest, i.e. to inform you about Mond’Arverne as a destination and about the facilities, apart from purely commercial packages. Carrying out our task in the public interest is not subject to prior consent, but you may at any time unsubscribe or change your personal data (see “Your rights” section);
- Within the context of fulfilling a contract agreed with one of our structures or when a booking is made online via Open System:
- For group services of the Ecole de Voile du Lac d’Aydat and of Pessade Pleine Nature: we use your data for requirements pertaining to the proper operation of the activity: to contact you in the event of cancellation or changes (date, location, times etc.);
- For booking an activity online via Open System: your data is registered in the system to successfully conclude your transaction and to facilitate your transactions in future. We also use your data for requirements relating to the proper operation of the activity (to contact you in the event of cancellation or change of time, date, location etc.). We may send your data (surname and telephone number) to the provider of the activity that you have booked. This data is used only within the context of providing this service and is destroyed when the activity comes to an end;
- According to the conditions permitted by the applicable law, to provide you with information about other products and services which are similar or complementary to those you have already purchased or about which you have requested information;
- With your consent (e.g. subscription to the newsletter), we will send you messages linked to the service to which you have subscribed.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your personal data for strictly legal purposes. This legality varies according to the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data.
In almost all instances, the legal basis responds to one of the points below:
- Our task in the public interest: L’Office de Tourisme Mond’Arverne falls within the framework of a task in the public interest concerning promotion and communication intended for potential tourists and for welcoming visitors to the region. Fulfilling our task in the public interest does not require prior consent, but you may at any time unsubscribe or change your personal data (see “Your rights” section).
- Consent: for example, when you give your consent to receive certain information from us. You may withdraw your consent at any time, also by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the foot of all emails we send to you.
- Fulfilling an agreement with you: for example when you have bought one of our products online or from one of our structures (Ecole de Voile du Lac d’Aydat and Pessade Pleine Nature) and we need to use your details and payment information to process your order.
- Complying with the law: when we have a legal obligation and we need to use your personal data in order to comply with this obligation.
Cookies for analysing web browsing and gauging readership help us identify the content that is of most use to our users. They count the number of visitors and then analyse how they browse our website. This data helps us to identify the products you are looking for and to make sure you can find them more easily, thereby significantly improving your experience of our website. Within this framework we use the services of Google Analytics, and we have set the storage duration of readership gauging cookies at 26 months.
No personal information of any kind is stored. Do not forget that our cookies do not store information that enables us to identify you. This means that no-one can use the information collected by cookies to contact you by telephone, email or any other means. Monitoring is restricted to our website and information is in no event shared with third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you are a customer or prospective customer: we do not pass customer files to third parties. We pass on your data or some of your data to our third party providers and professional advisors, who may need to access your personal data to provide us with services (receipts, bank card payments). In no event may this data be used by third parties except for providing us with technical services.
If you are a tourism service provider: we may pass your personal data on to the third parties below and for the following purposes:
- All members affiliated with the database of the APIDAE tourism organisation belonging to the category of distributors, partners or developers according to the conditions of access set out at www.apidae-tourisme.com;
- Our third party service providers and our professional advisors, who may need to access your personal data to provide us with services (website management, tourist tax registration, bank card payments). In no event may this data be used by third parties except for providing us with technical services.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data we collect from you is stored internally.
We implement procedures to ensure that the personal data you provide is kept for a maximum of 3 years after the last time we are in contact. After this time, this data will be removed or, in certain instances, made anonymous.
If we have collected personal data based on your consent and if we have no other legal basis for continuing to process it, we will remove your personal data if you withdraw your consent.
You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link which is at the foot of the email you have received.
In line with the GDPR, everyone has the right to access, rectify and object to data concerning them, limit the extent to which it is processed, request its removal and object to its portability; this right is to be exercised by sending a signed request accompanied by proof of identity to:
Déléguée à la Protection des Données – Office de Tourisme Mond’Arverne
Sauteyras – 63970 AYDAT
Or by email to: email@example.com.
Our Data Protection Officer will reply to you within one month of a request for access or rectification.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority (the CNIL for France) if you believe that we have processed your personal data illegally or in a manner that violates your rights. In this instance, please first contact us (using the contact details above) so that we can examine your request and find a solution together.
Data breaches and communication within 72 hours (art.33 and art.34 of the GDPR): in the event of a breach or suspected breach of personal data, the Office de Tourisme Mond’Arverne and its subcontractors will notify the CNIL, within a maximum of 72 hours, after having become aware of it.